Michael C. Miller, Senior Environmental Consultant
Michael Miller has a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Resource Management from The Pennsylvania State University along with over 30 years of experience in a variety of environmental as well as occupational health and safety matters. His environmental experience has been predominantly associated with air regulatory program compliance in the petrochemical industry, including New Source Review air permitting, Title V permitting and compliance, New Source Performance Standards, NESHAP rules, and MACT standards. He also has extensive experience with RCRA waste and hazardous waste, remediation, and waste water. His experience also includes work in the synthetic rubber manufacturing industry, as well as non-ferrous metals manufacturing and finishing.
Mr. Miller’s key environmental efforts include:
- New Source Review Air Permitting – Prepared or oversaw the development of numerous New Source Review air permit applications at a large petrochemical complex.
- Title V Permitting – Prepared and oversaw development of Title V permit applications. An outgrowth of the Title V permits was the development of a compliance monitoring system to aid auditing and the preparation and submittal of semi-annual deviation reports and annual certifications.
- MACT and NESHAP’s – Implemented compliance programs for the Ethylene MACT, the Hazardous Organic NESHAP, the Haz Waste Combustion MACT, and the Benzene Waste Organic NESHAP. These efforts included proper notifications, sampling programs, ongoing monitoring, record keeping and reporting.
- RCRA – Prepared and oversaw the RCRA permitting for a hazardous waste incinerator as well as two (2) Boiler/Industrial Furnaces. Particular efforts conducting reviews regarding waste determinations and waste exemptions.
- RCRA Corrective Action – Implemented the RCRA Facility Investigation, oversaw the groundwater monitoring well installation and monitoring program as well as closure of several solid waste management units (SWMU’s) and implementation of interim corrective measures for one SWMU.
- CERCLA/Superfund – Oversaw efforts regarding obligations as a potentially responsible party for a superfund site.
- Wastewater – Oversaw the preparation of NPDES/TPDES permit renewal applications for an industrial complex waste water treatment plant. Oversaw the waste water treatment plant operations to aid in troubleshooting to ensure compliance.
- Compliance Auditing – Participated in as well as oversaw internal compliance auditing; and, participated on Corporate audit teams at other petrochemical sites.